Friday, March 2, 2012

Miniature Beggar's Chicken


"This dish of Beijing origin, Beggar's Chicken also called "jiaohua ji" 叫化鸡 in the Shanghainese dialect, and the chicken is stuffed, wrapped, and roasted in this traditional Eastern Chinese recipe also this dish is very popular with Far Eastern gourmets."


Why it is called Beggar's chicken, that is a story behind, please visit:   www.foreignercn.com for more. 


I remember the last time I ate this beggar's chicken was about 30 years ago at a quite famous Chinese restaurant in Japan. I don't really remember what type of ingredients was placed inside the stomach of the chicken, but I still can recall the taste!

I have made this miniature Beggar's Chicken, well, the name doesn't sound nice but the taste is fantastic!


My handmade miniature clay beggar's chicken


  
                         I just put the things that I still can remember into the stomach of the chicken.



                         There are some chinese herbs and some chestnuts.....I have put some red dates too.


   
                     The size of this miniature beggar's chicken is shorter  than a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment